Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
Acid reflux is a common condition caused by an overproduction of stomach acids. These acids are meant to dissolve the food that we eat. Unfortunately, these acids can also travel back up into the esophagus, causing a burning sensation. Fortunately, there are several lifestyle changes that can help relieve acid reflux symptoms. Listed below is one of these changes. They can be done without requiring medical treatment. But if you can’t avoid them entirely, they can be helpful in easing acid reflux symptoms. Below is a recipe that will absolutely kill your acid reflux agony. Try it.
Cajun Baked Tofu with Creamed Swiss Chard & Pickled Cauliflower
- 15.5 oz Nasoya(r) Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 8 oz Swiss Chard
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 oz Pickled Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Drain the tofu and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. Cut into 1 inch cubes and transfer to a baking sheet. Toss cubed tofu with Cajun seasoning and 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and nbake until crisp in places, 20 – 25 minutes.Tip – If you prefer crispier tofu, bake it for a little longer.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Peel and mince the garlic. Thinly slice the Swiss Chard leaves and stems.
- heat a medium sauce pan with 2 tsp vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the sliced shallot, minced garlic, 1/8 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper, and cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the sliced Swiss chard and cook until just wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and nutritional yeast to the sauteed Swiss chard and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the creamed Swiss chard has slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the creamed Swiss chard between bowls. Top with Cajun baked tofu and pickled cauliflower. Dig in and enjoy.
- Bon Apetit!!!