How to Find the Best Natural Acid Reflux Remedy
Although the best acid reflux remedies are often found in natural products, many people still opt for prescription drugs. Taking antacids is one solution that can be effective, but it will only temporarily control the symptoms of heartburn. It may not help you long-term and you’ll likely experience them again the next morning. Hence, it’s better to use natural remedies for acid reflux that will target the root cause of the problem. In most cases, the underlying problem is that you produce insufficient amounts of stomach acid, which delays the emptying process. The longer food stays in your stomach, the more chances of irritation.
Black Bean Burrito Bowls
A Yummy Vegan Dinner for Two in a Wonderful Mexican Style.
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 1 Scallion
- 4 oz Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Lime
- 1 cuo Corn Kernels
- 2 2 Garlic Cloves
- 6 oz Lacinato Kale
- 14 oz Black beans
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 tbsp Raspberry Preserves
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Morita Powder – Caution * this item may be spicy
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Place them all on a baking sheet and rub each half with 1 tsp vegetable oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Roast, cut side down, until the sweet potatoes are tender…usually 22-25 minutes.
- Thinly slice the scallions. Halve the grape tomatoes. Halve the lime, juice one half into a medium bowl and cut the remaining half into wedges. Add the corn kernels, sliced scallions, halved tomatoes along with a dash of salt. Toss the corn salsa to combine.
- Mince the garlic. De-stem the kale and roughly chop the leaves. Drain and rinse the black beans. In a small bowl, add the butter, raspberry preserves and as much of the morita powder as you like or can stand. Mix this well into the Raspberry Chipotle Butter.
- Hint: I’d recommend that you start with a very small amount of the Chipotle morita powder. It actually has a smokey taste that you may like or not.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant…usually about 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped kale and a dash of salt and cook until wilted…usually 3-4 minutes. Add the black beans and cook until hot…usually 3-4 minutes. Taste and add salt accordingly.
- Flip the roasted sweet potatoes over and lightly mash with a fork. Add a dollop of raspberry chipotle butter. Divide the sautéed kale and black beans between large bowls and add the raspberry chipotle sweet potatoes. Top these bowls with the corn salsa and serve with the lime wedges.
- Bon appetit!
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 660, Fat: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 115 g, Protein: 25 g Allergens: none I recently discovered Purple Carrot, a vegan meal preparation company that delivers meals to your door. I suffer greatly from Acid Reflux. I have learned thru the years what foods will cause this burning… the usual offenders are bread, cakes, red wine sometimes and dark chocolate. The breads or the wheat products are the absolute worst. BUT… since I have switched to eating mostly Vegan or more of a plant based diet, my Acid reflux has all but disappeared. If this sounds interesting to you, or if you just want to try more of a plant based diet, then I Strongly recommend Purple Carrot. The food tastes great and it will help you with any Heartburn and Acid reflux issues you may be suffering thru. Here is a link that you can research the company further –> Purple Carrot Plant Based Meals. BTW – I am NOT being paid to promote this company… I just love them and want them to succeed. 🙂 Enjoy! Try Another Recipe for an Acid Reflux Remedy