Vegetarian Eating – How to Find the Best Heartburn Remedy
If you have heartburn, you’ve definitely experienced the experience of your heart on burning after eating. This illness can develop sometimes or on a routine basis. There are several things you may be doing to minimize heartburn and keep your stomach acid levels low. Try these recommendations for the best heartburn relief. Smaller meals should always be consumed more regularly, and you must try to put your fork down between bites. After eating, avoid lounging down and keep your head and chest upright. Avoid late-night snacking too. Bananas, chamomile tea, fat-free yogurt, and ginger and turmeric tea are all abundant in antacids.
Crispy Potato Skillet
- 1/4 cup Beluga lentils
- 14 oz Red bliss potatoes
- 6 oz Sugar snap peas
- 1 Scallion
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper ** Caution – This item is spicy
- 3 tbsp Vegan sour cream
- 2 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- Rinse and sort the lentils. In a small saucepan, combine the lentils and ½ – 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender…usually 20-25 minutes. Drain remaining water or add more if needed.
- ***Hint – To ‘sort’ means look for and discard any debris that may be naturally occurring in the lentils. Example – stems or growths.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot, cover with an inch of cold water and bring to a boil using high-heat. Cook until they are soft and fork-tender…usually 10-12 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool.
- Thinly slice the sugar snap peas and scallions. Halve and juice the lemon. Combine the sliced snap peas and sliced scallion into a medium bowl with the lemon juice. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and a dash of salt. Toss the snap pea slaw and set aside. Slice the red bell pepper into thin strips.
- Deseed and mince the jalapeno and reserve just 1 tbsp for garnish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining minced jalapeno with the sour cream and a dash of salt. Stir to combine. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Place the boiled potatoes on a cutting board and once they have cooled, use the palm of your hand to gently press down on each of them until the sides blister open. Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the smashed potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy…usually 3-5 minutes per side. Add the sliced bell peppers, minced garlic, butter and paprika, stir and cook for an additional 2-4 more minutes.
- Taste the crispy potato skillet and add salt. Scatter the cooked lentils over the entire skillet. Serve family style, topped with the snap pea slaw and jalapeno sour cream. Sprinkle with the remaining minced jalapeno.
- Bon Appetit!!