How to Find an Acid Reflux Cure
Treatment for acid reflux focuses on reducing the amount of stomach acids reaching the esophagus. Lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medications are usually recommended as the first step. However, prescription medications are sometimes prescribed after these methods fail to provide adequate relief. Various over-the-counter medications, such as Tums(r), Maalox(r), Mylanta(r), and ranitidine, work as histamine antagonists and reduce stomach acid production.
Another fantastic approach would be trying a vegan eating plan. By eating primarily vegetables and natural proteins, you will eliminate much of the bad reactions to processed foods that cause Acid Reflux pain. It worked for me… try it today.
Jackfruit Tacos with Caramelized Onions and Salsa Roja
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 red radishes
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp tomato powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 8 oz jackfruit
- 6 white corn tortillas
- Peel the garlic. Peel and slice thinly the onions. Thinly slice the radishes. Halve the avocado, get rid of the pit, slice the flesh into thin slices. Cut the lime into halves and juice one half. Cut the other half into wedges. Squeeze 1 tsp lime juice over the sliced avocado and throw a dash of salt on.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat with a tbsp of olive oil. Add the garlic, 1 tsp of salt and just ¼ cup of sliced onions. Cook, occasionally stirring until you see brown in places…usually 3-4 minutes. Add the cumin, tomato powder and as much of the chipotle pepper that you can stand, ¾ cup of water and whisk it all very well. Add this to the saucepan and cook, stirring often until the Salsa Roja has thickened a little…usually 5-7 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the remaining sliced onions and add a dash of salt. Cook these, stirring often until you see brown in certain places…usually 5-8 minutes. Then add ½ cup of water, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the caramelized onions are lightly browned…another 3-4 minutes.
- *** Hint: Don’t clean the skillet just yet, as we’ll be using it again.
- Add the Salsa Roja and the rest of the lime juice to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add salt as you see necessary.
- ***Hint: The Salsa Roja can be left unblended if you prefer a chunkier salsa.
- 5 – Drain the jackfruit, pat dry and tear into pieces. Add the shredded jackfruit into the skillet with the onions and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook and toss this medley often. Do this until the jackfruit is crispy in places, usually 4-5 minutes. Add ½ cup of the Salsa Roja and cook until reduced…1-2 minutes. Transfer the crispy jackfruit and caramelized onions to a plate.
- 6 – Rinse and dry the skillet and return to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add 3 tortillas to the skillet in a single layer. Spoon in some jackfruit and caramelized onion on one side of each tortilla and then fold the tortilla in half. Cook until crispy, usually about 1 minute on each side. Divide the tacos between plates and top them with the Salsa Roja, sliced avocado and sliced radishes. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Bon Apetit!!!