What Is Vegan Eating? And Will It End My Heartburn Pain?
You can enjoy a vegan diet without missing out on any of your favorite foods. You can eat a vegan breakfast made from oatmeal without butter, and you can occasionally indulge in eggs or dairy products. You can also incorporate beans into your diet for extra nutrients, as well as some meat alternatives, like tempeh, which is made from wheat gluten. For your main course, consider a grain bowl or grilled cheese sandwich, or try lentil burgers, which are deliciously satisfying. You can also enjoy a vegan spin on traditional Italian dishes. I have enclosed a new recipe for you to try. It is really one of my favorites.
Tempeh Ruebens with Thousand Island Dressing and Classic Coleslaw
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart (r) Soy Free Vegenase
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz coleslaw blend
- 8 oz tempeh
- 4 Slices of Sourdough bread
- 6 oz sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- Add the ketchup, sweet pickle relish, only 3 tbsp Vegenaise, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl. Stir in the Thousand Island dressing.
- Add the remaining vegenaise, only 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, closeslaw and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Toss the coleslaw to combine.
- Slice the tempeh into thin triangles. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat with 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the sliced tempeh, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until crispy and well browned, 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer the crispy tempeh to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Toast the sourdough bread. Return the skillet to medium heat and add the sauerkraut in two piles. Sprinkle each pile with cheddar cheese. Add 2 tbsp of water, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until the cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on the toasted sourdough bread. Top half of the slices with the crispy tempeh and sauerkraut. Add the remaining toast slicesand serve the tempeh ruebens with the classic coleslaw.
- Bon Apetit!!!